Lilbourne Parish Council owns and runs a minibus, which seats 16 passengers. The vehicle does not currently have wheel-chair access. It takes primary-school children to and from Yelvertoft each school day, carries passengers into Rugby on a service run two or three times a week, and is available (with one of our drivers) for private hire. All drivers are qualified through MiDAS (Minibus Drivers Awareness Scheme) and all except the school-run driver are volunteers. Lilbourne was one of the first villages in the country to run a community minibus. We began in 1976 - and one of our original drivers still drives the bus today!
(Yelvertoft) Lilbourne >Rugby >Lilbourne (Yelvertoft) Yelvertoft passengers are collected opposite the school after the school run, and those holding concessionary passes pay a small annual sum to cover their journey from Yelvertoft to Lilbourne as this is before 9.30a.m. Please note that on Saturdays and during school holidays the Yelvertoft pick-up must be arranged in advance by contacting the bus adminstrator (see below) or Mary Smith, the service-run rota organiser, 01788 860264.
- Every Wednesday and Friday, and on the first and third Saturdays of the month.
- 9.30 from The Green, Lilbourne, dropping off at various points in Rugby.
- 12.00 return from town, picking up outside Peacocks (opposite the Clock Tower).
- £2.00 single adult fare from Lilbourne; £3.00 from Yelvertoft.
- School-age passengers £1.00 single fare, or £1.50 from Yelvertoft
- No charge for those with concessionary passes (this does not apply to private hire.)
- On Saturday runs only, the bus goes through to the shops at JunctionOne & Elliott's Field on request, after the drop-off in town, and picks passengers up after picking up in town. There is no extra charge for this.
- Lilbourne to Yelvertoft return£1.00 (pick-up at the corner of Station Rd / Yelvertost Rd as bus returns from town.)
- We usually do our best to drop off passengers close to their homes, but this is at the driver's discretion; otherwise passengers will get off the bus where they boarded it.
Mrs Faye Howells-Palin, 07737 377825/ 01788 860736 firstname.lastname@example.org
Private hire bookings are made through Faye.